Cucumber comes from the Cucurbit family, This family comprises: watermelon, watermelon, pumpkin, etc., and is one of the most cultivated and consumed vegetables in the world.
All countries benefit from its qualities because it is cultivated in almost every part of the planet and has been incorporated into many dishes from the cuisines of the world.
In most cases, it is eaten raw and is used in salads, house soup, but it is also used for preparing pickles. The pickles for pickles are smaller than those used for raw consumption.
Properties and benefits of cucumber:
- It has many antioxidants in its composition, such as vitamin C, beta-carotene and numerous flavonoids.
- If you follow a weight loss diet, cucumber will be of great use, because water is the most abundant component and provides us with a significant amount of fiber.
- Besides all this, cucumber is a very refreshing vegetable, and the consumption in summer is very indicated by the specialists because it has a lot of water in its composition.
- With the help of cucumber, you can prevent cellulite and constipation because it is very diuretic and laxative.
- Its fat content is very low and consumption is highly recommended in cases of arthritis and diabetes.
- Potassium and magnesium in the composition of cucumber, have the role of helping to prevent the appearance of cramps.
- It plays a very important role in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Its content in antioxidants and carotenoids makes it suitable for skin, nail and hair care.