Osteoporosis is manifested by a process of decreased bone structure. There will be a risk of fractures due to weak bones. In general, the spine blames this process in particular and so back pain is very common in these cases.
This disease occurs in most cases after the age of 40. This decalcification is progressive, and the person usually does not notice any symptoms until it is really bad.
The causes of this disease are the following:
- This problem usually occurs in women who are menopausal. With menopause, estrogen, progesterone, or DHA in the body will decrease.
- And diets rich in animal protein will amplify this problem because they will cause us to lose calcium in the urine.
- Excessive consumption of salt causes the body to eliminate calcium in the urine, thus increasing the risk of kidney stones.
- As we age, people tend to make less effort and this helps us demineralize ourselves.
- Poor nutrition throughout life makes us very vulnerable because our bodies do not have good reserves.
- Calcitonin hormone imbalances (controls calcium levels)
- Osteoporosis can also be influenced by certain antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, some birth control pills, steroids, and corticosteroids.
- Another cause is excess coffee, alcohol, or refined sugar.
- Imbalances of the thyroid or parathyroid gland.
Herbal remedies for osteoporosis are very beneficial. These are the following:
- The Andean macaque (Lepidium Peruvianum) is a tuber found in the highest mountains of Peru. It is an ally in the fight against osteoporosis because it contains phytoestrogens (performs the function of estrogen) and also provides calcium.
- Some experts say that Maca is very useful, because people who have suffered from this disease feel less stressed, have more energy, and improve their menopausal symptoms.
- Sprouted alfalfa is considered a miracle. This in addition to providing calcium and minerals in large quantities, also benefits from an estrogenic effect. Estrogenic effect has the role of helping better assimilation of these minerals, it is one of the good remedies for osteoporosis.
- Many people know that rosemary is a plant that helps us regain our energy levels. It also helps regulate ovarian function in menopause.
- Horsetail and nettle are also two plants that help us remineralize.